Can’t live without music? The Last.fm iPhone App lets you listen to free streaming radio on the go on your iPhone or iPod touch. Last.fm has a long history of web based music streaming and now comes to your iPhone and iPod touch. The idea is very simple. Just search for an artist you like and Last.fm creates a radio station based on that artist, and similar ones in the same genre with the matching styles. If you don’t already have an account you can create one on the iPhone the first time you launch the Lasf.fm app.
The power of Last.fm is in the community. For example if an artist is currently on tour, the player shows an “On Tour” band around the album cover in the iPhone player. Tap the red band and view a calendar view of the show dates. From here you can share if you are attending this event with the community. Other powerful features in the iPhone app from Last.fm include
– Read full artist bios and
– Find similar artists lets you explore and try new artists you might have not heard of
– Top Listeners, shows a list of other people who also dig the song you are listening to
– Everything is tagged so you can browse songs by tags and discover new music by creating stations based on tags
– Your profile keeps track of what you listen to, and creates lists of your top artists, albums, friends, events, and recently played songs
Here is a video demo of the Last.fm app on the iPhone
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.