In the grand tradition of the very retro flip-clocks, Exedria Software has released an updated version of their iPhone app, iFlipClock+ (just in case you miss owning a real one). With it, your iPhone looks and sounds like a flip-clock, except with a few stylish upgrades. Upon launch will be the flip-clock…just tap the display to bring up the settings (and tap Flip to go back to the analog display). There, you can start changing features to suit your heart’s content.
– Landscape and portrait mode with auto rotation and possibility to lock orientation
– HH:MM:SS & HH:MM mode (landscape and portrait)
– AM/PM & 24-hour displays
– 2 independent alarms with snooze (9 minutes)
– Ability to choose your own music for alarms
– 65 Skins preloaded
– Original and improved sound effects* for hours, minutes and seconds with independent on/off switch for each section. *Please notice that on 1st generation iPod Touch, sound effects only work when using headphones or external speakers.
– Ability to dim display (2 levels)
– “Auto Dim at Night” function: iFlipClock+ will automatically dim the display at night between 10pm and 7am (22:00-7:00)
– “Keep Active” mode keeps the iPhone from going into standby
It’s all about the display in iPhone apps like this, and iFlipClock+ delivers in a very satisfying way. The flip animations are fluid and realistic (and kind of mesmerizing to watch, to tell you the truth). The skins are excellently crafted, and even more will be added in upcoming versions. The alarms work even if the iPhone is sleeping, and the ability to pick the song to wake up to is awesome, but to a heavy sleeper the speakers on the iPhone might not be enough; plugging it into external speakers would probably work best (or choosing a really loud song). The only big downside is that the Keep Active mode is a huge drain on batteries, so your iPhone might not even last ’til morning to wake you up; plugging into an entertainment system that charges while allowing use of speakers will offer the best use out of this iPhone app. Otherwise, it’s a steal for $0.99.
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.
Got mail? Subscribe to AppSafari by Email. Watch funny and interesting iPhone Videos gathered from around the web.