If you liked the first WordPress iPhone app, you will love WordPress 2 on the iPhone. With WordPress 2 you can write posts, upload photos, edit pages, and manage comments on your WordPress (2.7 or higher) powered blog from your iPhone or iPod Touch.
If you already have the original wordpress app on your iPhone, you won’t get WordPress 2 as an update. WordPress 2 is a new app so you should download it now, you can run both at the same time if you wanted to or remove the first version after you’ve setup WordPress 2 on your iPhone. It’s also interesting to note that the iPhone app itself is also Open Source like WordPress itself, so you can get the source code and contribute to the project if you’re a developer.
Here’s what’s new and fixed in WordPress 2 on the iPhone:
– A new, more efficient user interface that makes it faster to switch between comments, posts, and pages.
– Various user interface refinements and bug fixes
– New Comments interface, with Gravatars and the author URL shown in the comment list
– Passwords are now stored in the keychain
– Posts are now automatically saved and restored if network connection is lost during publishing
– Added persistence, so the app re-opens in the blog you last used
– Added an interface for manually entering the XMLRPC endpoint for non-standard setups
– Fixed rotation-related visual glitches
– Fixed errors where malformed XML prevented access to XMLRPC endpoint
– Fixed edge case where local drafts were sometimes not saved
– Fixed the order of photos so that they’re displayed in the order they’re uploaded
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.