Artists in the iPad and tablet community rejoice! Layers for iPad ($5.99) is ready for purchase in the App Store. If you have already bought the previously reviewed and notoriously powerful Layers iPhone app you know what this app is capable of. The app has a full iPad optimized interface and a bunch of new features to take advantage of the large 10″ screen and faster processor. For starters on the iPad Layers app you’ll have the ability to add transparent layers and use a history panel to jump back in time. You can add photos to your drawings and rescale them.
There is an online gallery in the Layers app and you can check it out for inspiration or create your own account where you can upload artwork you create. Others can comment on your work. You can even watch replays of your paintings in a timeline so you can see them come to life.
There is no pressure sensitivity in the iPad yet, and therefore not in Layers app which would make it a ton more fun to use, perhaps even with a stylus or drawing pen. Landscape support is used to show your recent paintings and activity in a well designed easy to view layout.
– Use 15 brushes with adjustable brush sizes
– 5 layers per drawing (up from 2)
– Export your creations as JPG or PSD files
– Replay your paintings and watch them come to life!
– Two fingered pan and pinch to zoom
– Double-tap for quick zooming
– Square (1024×1024) and 3:4 (1024×768) canvas sizes
– Paint brush, smudge tool, and eraser
– Full featured eyedropper tool
– A color picker that saves recent colors
– Brush transparency
– Undo history (saves on exit)
– Browse thousands of paintings in the Layers Gallery
– Advanced layer manipulation tools
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.