Looking for the best Twitter app on the iPhone? Twitter (formerly Tweetie and Tweetie 2) is the official full featured Twitter app with tons and tons of cool features and very well designed interface overall. So whether you are a Twitter god or just a casual user, grab the free Twitter app and get your Twitter on in Style!
– Seamlessly handle multiple Twitter accounts
– Explore all of Twitter, from your own timeline and mentions, to the favorite tweets of your followers and friends
– Full persistence: more than just caching tweets, Twitter restores your entire UI if you quit or get a phone call
– Fantastic new offline mode. Read, tweet, favorite, follow, save to Instapaper and more even when you don’t have a connection. Your actions will be synced as soon as you go back online
– Full landscape support (configurable of course)
– Live-filter your tweet stream
– Post photos and videos, even configure your own custom image host
– Vastly improved compose screen with recent hashtags, @people picker, URL shortening and more
– Compose screen multiple-attachments manager
– Drafts manager ensures you never lose a tweet (and you can even send drafts to Birdhouse)
– Link Twitter contacts to Address Book contacts
– Follow, unfollow, block and unblock from multiple accounts simultaneously
– Saved searches sync with Twitter.com and the upcoming Tweetie 2 for Mac
– Autocomplete recent searches and Go-to-user
– Threaded Direct Messages and improved conversation navigation
– TextExpander integration
– Rich integration with Follow Cost, Tweet Blocker, Favstar.fm and more
– Edit your own Twitter profile
– Specify custom API roots on a per-account basis
– Nearby map view
– Translate tweets
– Preview short URLs
– Safari bookmarklet support for easily sharing links
– In-app rich text email composition
– Tons of little things, including improved avatar caching, auto-refresh, refresh-all, seamless Twitlonger support, hashtag definitions and more
Twitter for iPhone has been drastically changed in the version 4.0 update of the app. You now have 4 new tabs on the bottom of the page to choose from instead of 5 before. The new tabs in Twitter are: Home, Connect, Discover, and Me. The brand new Home tab in the Twitter app shows you the same thing as before on the Friends tab. What is bad about the new design is that they’ve added a frame around the tweets, so now you get a lot less space to read the tweets on the already small iPhone screen.
The new Connect tab is the old Replies tab in Twitter, but it has two sub-sections: Interactions, and Mentions. Interactions includes digested information about people who have followed you and reteweeted you etc. which is nice.
Discover is now a full tab and includes sections of data for Top Stories, Trends, and suggestions for people to follow.There is also a section for browsing top twitter users by category. Plus another area where twitter pulls contacts from your Contacts app for you to follow.
The Me tab is where you can view your profile info, and the only way you can get to your Direct Messages. Finally the new Twitter app has changed the way it supports multiple Twitter accounts. The only way to switch between your accounts is to go to Me > Switch Accounts and pick a new account, or add a new one. This is pretty awkward design and navigation, especially if you’re already used to the simple workflow from before.
Overall, it seems like the folks at the Twitter mobile team might be trying to do a bit too much too fast. If you like the way the current version of the iPhone app works, don’t update to the 4.0 version of the app.
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.
Got mail? Subscribe to AppSafari by Email. Watch funny and interesting iPhone Videos gathered from around the web.
Can I take part of your post to my blog?really like this,matePosted on March 30th, 2009 at 11:15 pm by sally T
Twit Pro is full-featured, super-fast Twitter client for iPhone & iPod-Touch with powerful functionality for directly posting messages, photos, videos from iPhone, handling multiple twitter accounts, aggregating the hottest stories on twitter, offline-mode, uploading videos/photos to facebook and much more.Posted on December 23rd, 2010 at 9:43 am by Twit Pro
Twitter has becoming a lifestyle of everyone. I consider myself that i also can’t say my day isnt complete without twitting once a dayPosted on January 19th, 2011 at 9:59 pm by vpn reviews
prada sunglasses 2008,Posted on July 4th, 2011 at 3:40 am by Zdmfejpw
i tried to keep social networks as far as i can of my iphone, because they can be really addictive. But i couldn’t and i ended installing this app for twitter 😀Posted on July 16th, 2011 at 1:45 pm by kora
Really like this post!Posted on March 19th, 2015 at 6:50 am by Thiago