Ready to take your TiVo to the next level? DVR Remote is an iPhone app the turns your iPhone into a powerful TiVo remote. The TiVo Series 3 DVR has a Network Remote Control feature, that when turned on allows it to be controlled over the network. This allows any device on the same base network at your house, such as an iPhone or iPod touch to basically serve as a remote control. The iPhone’s touch screen interface is a perfect blend with the TiVo network remote feature and the DVR Remote app does a pretty good job of giving you pretty much all the features of your TiVo remote, complete with slick buttons and all. And it doesn’t’ stop there, because the DVR Remote can also log into your TiVo and show you the Now Playing List on your iPhone. Now you can see your Now Playing list and recorded programs on your iPhone while you watch live programs on your TiVo simultaneously.
DVR Remote has a handful of specific features including:
– Favorites: Create favorites for quick and easy channel switching from your iPhone. This a a great feature! no more cumbersome flipping to get to your favorite shows.
– Full Keyboard: Don’t mess around with the single click keyboard on the TiVo remote. DVR Remote lets you use the iPhone qwerty keyboard to quickly find your favorite shows, browse YouTube and Amazon on your TiVo from your iPhone.
– Skins: Customize the theme of the remote, by picking from a series of 4 themes (default, default large, ruby, starry night) you can also download additional skins (retro, candy floss, misty dawn)
– Custome Skins: You can even get really geeky and create your own custom skins to use on the DVR Remote.
– View Now Playing information by entering your TiVo Media Access Key
– Draggable Buttons: Format remote buttons by dragging them to where you want them to be just like you do with wiggling app icons on the iPhone
– Prevent iPhone Timeout: Keep the iPhone from going to sleep when you are using teh DVR Remote app
– Automatically detection of your TiVo as long as both your TiVo and iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network with Bonjour support.
– Access to TiVo mobile portal for browsing and scheduling recordings.
DVR Remote emulates almost all the buttons of the TiVo remote control including, thumbs up/down, pause, slow, play, info, guide, channel up/down, skip forward/backward, number pad, record, aspect ratio, and more. The only buttons that are not supported are, TV Power, TV input, and Volume. Overall DVR Remote is a joy to use and a must have for anyone who has an iPhone and a Series 3 TiVo. The app costs $3 and is well worth the price, and you can try it out using the Lite version before you buy.
Here is a video demo of the DVR Remote app on the iPhone
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.